Friday, May 1, 2015

A CTI Testimonial

The Colorado Taekwondo Institute - Best martial arts school in the front range
By Shekina DeTienne

When I moved to the Littleton area four years ago, I wanted to find a martial arts school that would keep me active as well as address other issues like self defense, education and weight control. I looked at several different styles like karate, aikido, kung fu and judo but none of the other schools caught my attention like the Colorado Taekwondo Institute.

The head instructor, Master John Sautel, called me back right away and took the time to answer several questions about the program and style. He answered questions about what I would do in class, how the belt system works and scheduling a trial class. We set up a time to meet for an orientation class. During the class, we went over a few stretches, basics and I got to see some of the other activities from a typical class.

The following night, I joined the adult class. The work out area was nice and big and even though there were quite a few students, we all got personal attention from the instructor several times throughout the class. Everyone was friendly, respectful and helpful. It felt good to sweat and learn in a constructive, positive environment.

I have worked out at the Littleton campus ever since and enjoyed every minute of it. The instructors are well educated and continue to hone their Taekwondo and teaching skills every week. The head instructor, Master Sautel, has his masters degree in education. They offer classes six days a week for anyone who wants to learn. Beginners courses all the way up to advanced classes keep our students progressing at a rate customized to them. Every class is fun and unique and encourages each student to push hard for their own goals. The Littleton location is definitely a little bit of home for me. If you're looking for a karate school or a martial arts school, I highly recommend the Colorado Taekwondo Institute. They have five locations in Denver, including Lakewood, Westminster, Golden and Conifer. I look forward to practicing Taekwondo there for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment