Monday, April 4, 2022

Being a Teen in Moo Sul Kwan Taekwondo

By Konner Evans

Martial arts teen practicing his form

Being in Moo Sul Kwan Taekwondo since I was three has helped me in many parts of life and with developing into an adult. More specifically it has helped me through my teenage years. What I learned from being a Moo Sul Kwan student has been helpful and crucial to my life. There are many things that teenagers deal with ranging from school, work, and relationships that I have had an easier time dealing with because of what I practice at Taekwondo. Traits that I have acquired such as perseverance, courtesy, courage, and self-control has been super helpful to me personally. What I have learned in Taekwondo has helped me as a teenager in school, work, and relationships.

What I have learned from teen Taekwondo has been essential for my success in school. High school can be a big task for a teenager with the large load of work and having to meet expectations on things such as tests. Taekwondo has helped me do this from what I have learned. Growing up in Taekwondo I was able to build a good work ethic with monthly homework and other work given to a student. This helped prepare me for the homework that I would deal with in high school. Also the written test that I would take to get each of my belts gave me a head start on dealing with test for school. Taking written test for Taekwondo taught me how to study, gave me good test taking skills, and taught me how to properly go in depth when answering questions. Traits such as perseverance has helped me push through the entire school year without giving up. Also Taekwondo has given courage and confidence to help with presentations. Taekwondo has been super helpful through many parts of my high school experience. 

Martial arts teens practicing taekwondo in Lakewood, CO
Taekwondo has also been helpful for me in the work force. Later in my teen years I started getting interested in getting a job. Teen martial arts has been helpful at getting me jobs as well as helping me do the work that is required. When I first went to get a job at a dog training facility taekwondo was super helpful because I was able to put it on my resume which making it so I was not walking in with an empty resume. I was able to use Taekwondo as proof that I have commitment, work-ethic, and responsibility. Taekwondo has also helped me keep up with the expectations of the work. While some of my co-workers might strive to do the minimal amount of work what I have learned in Taekwondo has taught me the importance of going above and beyond in my work and It has helped me push to do that. From this I have received the benefits from going above and beyond in my work. Taekwondo has been super helpful for me entering the work force.

What I have learned in Taekwondo has also helped me with relationships. What I have learned in Taekwondo has been helpful when dealing with friendships. I have learned how to be courteous and how to communicate which has helped me build good relationships. Taekwondo has also taught me how to avoid peer pressure which can be very present in high school. At Taekwondo I have been able to interact with a large variety of people at a large variety of ages. This makes it easier for me to be able to interact with a large range of people such as not being anxious or out of place when talking with adults. What I have learned in taekwondo has helped me build good and strong relationships throughout my teenage years. 

Taekwondo, specifically teen martial arts,  has been extremely helpful for dealing with everything that come up during the teenage years. It has helped me deal with the work load that comes up with school. It has also prepared me for everything that I have to do for school. Taekwondo has also help give me an easy entrance into the workforce and given me traits that help when I am at work. Lastly Taekwondo has help me build good and healthy relationships with the people around me. Taekwondo has been really helpful for me and  has given me an advantage by preparing me for my teenage years.

No comments:

Post a Comment