In the Business section of today’s Wall Street Journal, the headlines read as follows:“Benefit Costs Pare Humana’s Profit” … “Tullow Oil Sinks Into Loss” … “Goodyear Profit Rises on North American Sales” … “Nintendo Swings to Net Loss” … “Sprint Swings to Profit” … “PSEG Profit Declines 36%” …
Whether you are an avid follower of the stock market or just a casual observer, news of ups and down, profits and losses, margins and dividends can be confusing and overwhelming. Deciding to invest in something can be intimidating and scary.
As parents, we make decisions about investments on behalf of our children all the time. Starting from when our children are very young, we invest time and energy in choosing the right playmates, the right activities, the right schools. We invest in neighborhoods, churches, youth groups, social organizations and on and on.In the hustle and bustle of today’s busy world, parents know that it really does “take a village” to ensure a well-rounded upbringing. An important consideration to your child’s “well-roundedness” should be the incorporation of the martial art of taekwondo.
When we make investments in the marketplace, sometimes our funds yield profitable returns and sometimes they don’t. Wouldn't it be nice if you could be guaranteed a gainful outcome? Wouldn't it be nice if we had a personal broker who could see the future and give us unfailing advice?
|Students Bowing to Show Respect|
With the only obligation from your child being to 1) Pay attention in class and 2) Do his or her best, he or she will take pride in being a Moo Sul Kwan martial artist and you, in turn, will reap the benefits of a child who trains and lives by the Tenets of Taekwondo – Courtesy, Integrity, Self-Control, Perseverance and Indomitable Spirit.
- At the CTI, your child will have instructors who began their own affiliation with the CTI at very young ages themselves and have grown into outstanding members of the community.
- At the CTI, your child will be expected to demonstrate respect for peers, parents, adults and teachers.
- At the CTI, your child will learn and value the importance of self-control.
- At the CTI, your student will be exposed to the benefits of a rewarding physical fitness program.
- At the CTI, your child will have the opportunity to compete in an atmosphere that encourages discipline and friendly competition.
- At the CTI, your child will have the opportunity to participate in community service and outreach programs, such as the CTI Annual Canned Food Drive, benefiting the Jeffco Action Center.
- At the CTI, your child will have the opportunity to participate in camps, expos and demonstrations, all of which will add to your child’s level of confidence and pride in themselves.
By choosing the CTI as part of your child’s “village,” the return for you will be a child for whom it will be second-nature to respond, “Yes, sir or ma’am”, a child who will have the confidence to look others in the eyes while speaking, a child who will not be afraid to defend what is right, a child who knows the importance of respect for others … and themselves.
I am the proud parent of three Moo Sul Kwan Martial artists who all began their training at the Colorado Taekwondo Institute at around the age of 3. Unlike the brokers on Wall Street, I can see the future of investors of the Colorado Taekwondo Institute. I have lived it by seeing my children’s training come full circle. At ages 14, 11 and 9, their training continues to be taken to new levels. But, more importantly, the CTI has always continues to reinforce the principles that we all want instilled in our kids!
If you would like more information, feel free to call any one of our campuses in the Denver Metro Area. Many of us, after seeing the benefits for our kids, have chosen the CTI for our own martial arts training. We are investors who have all profited from the rewards of our affiliation with the Colorado Taekwondo Institute!