Ten Words for ResponsibilityTen words that I feel relate to being responsible, with short definitions for each one:
- Reliable: A measure of if a person can be counted-on to fulfill a responsibility.
- Trustworthy: A sense of whether a person can be trusted to fulfill a responsibility.
- Duty: A feeling or commitment that a person feels motivated to fulfill.
- Maturity: A human characteristic that demonstrates wisdom through continuous learning, over time. Mature people choose to fulfill their responsibilities that they have committed to fulfilling.
- Timeliness: A measure of whether a person can fulfill a responsibility at a promised time or date.
- Commitment: Agreeing to accept responsibility to complete an action or a task.
- Leadership: Demonstrating how to be a responsible leader by fulfilling duties and setting a good example for others to follow.
- Action: Completing a series of logical steps that will fulfill a responsibility.
- Accountable: Accepting consequences associated with being responsible.
- Worthiness: Do others share a sense that you are ready, willing and able to fulfill a responsibility?
It is important to be responsible at home, school work and at the CTI, as all of these areas have people that depend on us being responsible. At home, family members are accountable for fulfilling a variety of responsibilities, from doing well in school to earning a paycheck to maintain the family lifestyle. At work, many projects depend on us being responsible in fulfilling our duties, taking action to ensure important tasks are completed, and being accountable for our actions or inactions.
As in Moo Sul Kwan Taekwondo, working as a team at work depends on each member of the team behaving in a responsible fashion. In the CTI class, classmates are responsible for helping each other achieve the aims and objectives that each CTI student works to achieve. We are responsible and accountable to our instructors in helping them achieve the goals and objectives of the school, to ensure its continued growth so more students can experience the benefits that Moo Sul Kwan Taekwondo has to offer.